Preclerkship & Foundations
The first two years of the MD Program occur in laboratory, classroom, clinical, and community settings and are designed to prepare students for the workplace learning that occurs in clerkship.
We have developed the first two years of the MD Program, traditionally called the preclerkship, which we are now calling the Foundations Curriculum. The new program will be launched for students entering the MD Program in August 2016. Students entering their second year of the MD Program will continue following preclerskhip curriculum.
Foundations Curriculum – Year 1
- Foundations courses, components & themes
- Foundations Course Directors and Administrators
- Foundations Curriculum schedule (PDF)
- Key dates in year one of the foundations curriculum 2016/2017 (PDF)
- Key dates in year two of the Foundations Curriculum 2017/2018 (PDF)
- Foundations Curriculum assessment technology
- Assessment - Foundations Curriculum FAQ
More information about the Foundations Curriculum can be found on the dedicated Foundations Curriculum website.
Preclerkship – Year 2
- Preclerkship courses
- Preclerkship Course Directors and Administrators
- Key Dates in year two of the preclerkship curriculum 2016/2017 (PDF)