Technology support at MAM
Need help with audio visual, videoconferencing, or information technology at MAM?
Feel free to contact us by e-mail or by phone at 905.828.3765.
We do our best to respond within two business days. Our general working hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Information and Instructional Technology Services (I&ITS)
Information and Instructional Technology Services provides general technology support for UTM in areas ranging from UTORid Services, Classroom Technology, Email Support, TCard Services, Wireless Support, and more. For more information, visit the I&ITS website.
If a MAM technical staff member is not available or support is required outside of MAM office hours MAM students and/or faculty may receive technical support from UTM, below are details:
Hardware, wireless and printing support
- Free warranty repair of Dell and Apple computers, cost of parts is chargeable if not covered under the warranty.
- Assistance in the setup and configuration of wireless devices for the U of Tor Eduroam wireless networks.
- Assistance in the setup and use of wireless printing. The cost of printing is not included.
- Support to facilitate UTORid password resets and general account problems.
Audio Visual and Videoconferencing Support
- Audio visual and videoconferencing equipment setup, configuration and documentation.
- Support and assistance during teaching and/or seminar sessions on any use of audio visual or videoconferencing.
- Training MAM faculty, staff and students on the proper and optimal use of audio visual or videoconferencing systems.
- Class Net – technical help support will be provided from the Classroom Technology office and the I&ITS Service Desk.
Hours of Operation
- The new UTM I&ITS Service Desk is located in the CCT Building very close to the Tim Horton’s cafe.
- During the UTM Fall and Winter term, the Service Desk is open from 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday.
- During the UTM Summer term, the Service Desk is open from 9:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday.
UTM Maintenance to Servers
I&ITS’ scheduled maintenance hours are defined as 5:00pm to 9:00pm, on the second Friday of every month. A message announcing the maintenance will be posted on the I&ITS website.
The Discovery Commons is the Faculty of Medicine’s information technology support unit. They provide services to students, faculty, and staff in areas ranging from Audio Visual Services and Application Development, Application and Computer Support, and Facilities and Infrastructure. They run a business-hours Service Desk which provides direct access to any of their services. For more information, visit the Discovery Commons website.
Podium & A/V Tutorials