Housing & residence information
With residences as diverse as its student population, the University of Toronto (U of T) offers many housing and residence options so you can customize your living experience.
The University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) can provide on-campus residence accommodation to medical students studying at the Mississauga Academy of Medicine (MAM).
St. George campus
There are a number of residence options available for medical students on the St. George campus. These include:
- Graduate House
- Charles Street Family Housing
- Chestnut Residence
- Loretto College (female only)
- Victoria College
Graduate House offers 15 spaces for first-year medical students. In order to be considered for a designated spot, please e-mail us by Sunday, June 19, 2016 to indicate your interest. Candidates will be informed of the decision by Friday, June 24, 2016 via e-mail.
All students who are interested in Graduate House should also submit an online residence application via Star Portal by Sunday, July 10, 2016.
- Review the residence options for graduate and professional program students.
- Create a residence application on Star Portal. To login, enter your U of T student number and click on ‘obtain password’. A password will be sent to you with further instructions.
- Once you have received your login credentials select the residence options you are looking to apply to and complete your residence application. You must submit a deposit along with your application.
Residence application deadlines and deposit amounts may vary; please consult with the residence you are interested in for more information.
If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
U of T Housing Services
U of T Housing Services offers information on off-campus and temporary housing options, and independent residences. They also provide you with access to rental listings through an online portal and provide support if you have questions about living off campus, tenant rights and more.
Every year our current medical students (and other U of T community members) advertise housing opportunities through the Medical Society website.
They also set up a Facebook page to share information on housing opportunities in Toronto and Mississauga. Be sure to join the 2T0 Facebook Group.