The interview stage is the final stage of the admissions process. We invite approximately 600 applicants to attend an admissions interview in Toronto.
Interviewee selection process
Interviewees are selected based on file review scores. Interview dates are assigned at random as file reviews are completed and do not reflect any ranking in our admissions process. If you are not selected for interview, you will receive a refusal letter. Interview invitations and refusal letters continue to be sent until the last interview date, as the files are reviewed.
2018 interviews will take place in Toronto on the following dates:
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Sunday, March 4, 2018
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Sunday, March 25, 2018
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Saturday, February 24, 2018
Important notes for applicants
- We send interview invitations by e-mail to the address that you have provided on your Ontario Medical School Application Service (OMSAS) application. If you need to update your e-mail address, you should do so through OMSAS. Updates cannot be made through the Enrolment Services office and you do not need to update us as we will automatically be updated by OMSAS.
- We typically e-mail interview invitations at least two weeks prior to the interview date to allow you time to make appropriate travel arrangements. However, we may continue to e-mail invitations during the week leading up to the interview date in order to ensure all interview spaces are filled.
- With the exception of applicants to the MD/PhD Program, applicants with substantial travel distances to Toronto (determined by the mailing address that you have provided on your OMSAS application) will be invited to attend an interview date that is later in the cycle. This may include the interview dates in March and/or April.
- For MD/PhD applicants from outside of Ontario, we will attempt to schedule MD/PhD Program interviews on the same weekend as the applicant’s MD interview.
- You are required to respond to your interview invitation by the date outlined in the e-mail invitation. If we do not receive a response by the date indicated, we will make reasonable efforts to contact you by other means (telephone, authorized contact person, etc.). Failure to respond to the invitation may result in the cancellation of your application.
- You must attend the interview on the date and time indicated in your interview invitation. If you have a conflict with your assigned interview date, you should contact us immediately for further assistance.
- You are responsible for your own travel expenses.
We use the Modified Personal Interview (MPI) format. This consists of four independent interviews assessed by four different, independent interviewers. Each interview is approximately 12 minutes in length.
On the day of the interview, we also provide you with an opportunity to explore the campuses and meet University of Toronto medical students and faculty.